Friday, November 14, 2008

New cartoons

This is my latest one for Private Eye, in the issue out now. To be honest I never thought this would get taken, as there were much better ones in the batch I sent off, well, probably. You can never really tell what cartoons an editor will like, ask any cartoonist. I think I'm a particularly bad judge.

One of mine is also going to be the first (I think) cartoon for Readers Digest's new caption contest. It's called 'Beat The Cartoonist', and my original caption goes up against the readers' ones. Readers vote for their favourite and see if they have 'beaten the cartoonist' about 8 months later. Bit worrying, but I'm not sure what else is possible for this one. Here it is without the caption. The full captioned one can be seen on my website in the animal cartoon section. Why not have a go yourself as you probably don't read Readers Digest. I know I don't. (Although I believe the next issue with my cartoon in it is an absolute doozy).

3 comments:

TyBannerman said...

All right, here's my entry :)

"...then a right, then a right, then a left, then a right, then another left, then a... Shit, wait."

alexander matthews said...

Nice. Thanks for playing Fitzerman. I'll post when it appears in the magazine and you can enter your caption on their competition page.

alexander matthews said...

That's definitely better than mine.