Friday, September 5, 2008

Hate that BA

I went back to england for 6 days last week and BA lost my baggage. My drawing equipment was in it, which was frustrating beyond belief. They have a brilliant baggage tracker on their website which just says 'no information available' so I had to repeatedly phone them and hassle them. I had to take deep breaths as the people on the phone knew nothing either. I finally got it back after 4 days. Four days! it was in the airport for two of those apparently. Anyway, the people on the phone were telling me that it was going to arrive soon, so I kept deferring my King Monkey deadline right up to the last minute. I really should be working weeks in advance, and I was when I first started posting the strip, but currently I am working only one week ahead (laziness!). So anyway, this episode was drawn with a track pad on my laptop moments before the deadline, and I had to cheat rather a lot. Just about got away with it, I think.



I am also working on a KIng Monkey website right now. It's a work in progress, but all the strips are on there. Have a look, tell me what you think: kingmonkeycomic.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a little surprised you didn't get way ahead of the game over the summer...
enjoying the strip lately though -- did like the zombie-remote control one a lot!

alexander matthews said...

Cheers Wilbur. I really wanted to draw a Zombie, that's how that one came about.

I would have got ahead in the summer, but my girlfriend came over from Russia, and I was rather busy...

Anonymous said...

say no more.




no, really, PLEASE say no more.